Saturday 10 September 2016

Asos Dresses

I have been ordering too many clothes of late, Trawling through most of the well known sites, finding so many dresses and tops I would love to wear, but know I won't. Why you must think? Well because I am not only a size 28, but I am also 6 feet tall. Along with that I have huge upper arms, around 30 inches at the widest part, so I hide them all the time. They never see the fresh air unless I'm having a shower. But in clothes they are at all times to be well hidden.
You may think these things are easily done with the huge range of Plus Size clothes. Thankfully I no longer have just two options like I did in the 90's, which were a very old fashioned Evans and fat man clothing shops, which were few and far between. Also the only things I could ever manage to fit into were jeans and some kind of top. Evans of course had dresses and skirts but they were never long enough. They were also usually a lovely pattern that even my Nan would have thought twice about!
Thankfully here in 2016 there are a lot more plus size stores especially online. So I had a trawl through them and found a number of super 'fat arm friendly' dresses in various materials. I have found my style has gone towards leggings with a dress. You possibly might wonder why I would I would use a dress as a long top or tunic, but a long top or tunic on me is much too short. I would easily wear one of those as a top with a long skirt (that is if I could find a skirt long enough) damn my long torso!
So I came across a couple of dresses on asos.com - the first being a lovely long black stretch dress with small flowers:
This dress was so comfy and easy to wear, I loved the length. The one downfall for both items is that I had to sew the wrap the top together to prevent my bra being on show to all and sundry. I can imagine if you used tit tape or had less boobage than me (pretty much nothing) then you might get away with it. The other issue with this comfy dress is the rolled hem, which is pretty but see the white line at the bottom of the dress - that's the underside of the fabric showing. 
My second dress, in navy blue, was shorter and came with a very long band tie. It was lovely to wear although I was (as always) worried about my arms. It's not that they don't fit, but that the sleeves are not quite long enough for me. I could not really see the point of the long tie belt either, I'm sure it looked fine from the back, but I don't think it added much to the overall look of the dress. 

 I shall definitely be looking out for more asos.com items - not only are they very stretchy and comfy, but the price is really great! I do though wish they would use bigger models for their Curve Plus size range - it would make it much easier to realise what those items would look like on me! Please check them out and maybe take the plunge like I did and no doubt shall be again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment